As we enter Black Friday week, we turn our attention to the 2017 holiday shopping season. Deloitte has released its annual Holiday Survey for 2017. Here are 5 interesting takeaways as brands and retailers plan for the busy shopping season. Be sure to check out the full survey, which was conducted in September with over 5,000 participants.
5 Facts from Deloitte’s 2017 Holiday Survey
- Average household spending is expected to be $1,226
- The wealthiest households – those with incomes above $100k – are expected to spend $2,226
- Online shopping is anticipated to overtake in-store spending 51% compared to 42%
- 62% of shoppers plan to use a desktop or laptop to read product reviews
- The list of 3 biggest reasons to shop in a physical store is topped with “the ability to interact with a product”
The survey indicates 62% of shoppers will read product reviews when making a decision this year. Do you know what shoppers are reading about your products? Gather all your product reviews in one analytics dashboard to analyze the trends. Even get your competitors’ reviews! Learn how 5 companies are using Channel Signal with our 2017 case studies. Download them instantly.
Source: Deloitte Insights, 2017 Deloitte holiday retail survey, October 23, 2017