As we enter Black Friday week, we turn our attention to the 2017 holiday shopping season. Deloitte has released its annual Holiday Survey for 2017. Here are 5 interesting takeaways as brands and retailers plan for the busy shopping season. Be sure to check out the full survey, which was conducted in September with over 5,000 participants.
5 Facts from Deloitte’s 2017 Holiday Survey
- Average household spending is expected to be $1,226
- The wealthiest households – those with incomes above $100k – are expected to spend $2,226
- Online shopping is anticipated to overtake in-store spending 51% compared to 42%
- 62% of shoppers plan to use a desktop or laptop to read product reviews
- The list of 3 biggest reasons to shop in a physical store is topped with “the ability to interact with a product”
Source: Deloitte Insights, 2017 Deloitte holiday retail survey, October 23, 2017